Thursday, October 3, 2013

Custom Fish Tank Bookcase

I have always had fish for as long as I can remember and have wanted a new fish tank since we moved. However it was a little low on the "to do" list so I never got around to getting one. Until... I got one for my birthday!! It's only a 6.5 gallon one but its awesome! The only problem was we didn't have anywhere to put it and we didn't really like anything that they had in different stores. I love the look of angled bookcases, the ones that have a deeper bottom shelf and gets smaller towards the top, but every one we found wasn't wide enough for the fish tank. Good thing the hubbs is handy! I sketched out a design idea for the bookcase and he went to HD and bought all of the wood and made it happen! I love the dark wood stain that seems to be the furniture theme that is throughout our house. The contrast with the dark wood and the bamboo flooring looks great. And this is now the home of our Glo fish, photo albums and a few wedding things!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment